KEITH RICHARDS JUST LOVES IT
Walter’s Jewish Penicillin
a.k.a. CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Chicken Noodle Soup, they call it “Jewish Penicillin.” Dude believes it. He has eaten it when he had some terrible colds, and it always made The Dude feel a whole lot better. It’s tasty and most nutritious, and it warms the Cockles of Your Heart, The Dude says.
Can you guess where The Dude got this recipe for Jewish Penicillin? That’s’ right, from Walter who in practicing Shomer Shabbos Walter says he doesn’t Fuckin Roll on Saturday “Shomer Shabbos.”
Donny: “How come you don’t Bowl on Saturdays Walter?”
Walter: “Saturday Donny is Shabbos, the Jewish Day of rest. I don’t drive a Car, I don’t Fuckin ride in a car, I don’t handle Money, I don’t turn on the oven, and I Sure as Shit DON’T FUCKIN ROLL” !!!!!
Donny: “Jeeze” !!!
Walter: “Shomer Shabbos”
Dude: “Walter how am I gonna ….”
Walter: “Shomer FUCKING SHABBOS” !!!!
Recipe : WALTER’S JEWISH PENICILLIN
“CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP”
This is actually two recipes in one, “Almost.” In this recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup you will cook a whole chicken. You will use the cooked chicken breast for Chicken Salad and the rest of the chicken, the legs and thighs will go into the soup. That’s awesome Dude!!!
1 whole roasting Chicken 4-5 pounds
2 medium Onions cut into a medium dice
5 whole cloves of garlic, Peeled
6 stalks of Celery cut into large cube
6 Carrots cut into a large dice
6 quarts of water
1 pound package of Egg Noodles
1 Bay Leaf, 1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Black Pepper
1) Fill a large 8 qt. Pot with water. Wash the chicken and place it into the pot. Cover the pot. Turn on the flame and bring the water to the boil. Once the water reaches the boiling point, lower the flame so the water simmers at a slow simmer.
2) Add the carrots, celery, garlic, onions, Bay Leaf, salt, and pepper to the pot.
3) Let the soup simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
4) Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool down.
5) While the chicken is cooling, cook the Egg Noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain the noodles, then sprinkle with a little olive oil so the noodles won’t stick together.
6) Once the chicken has cooled down, remove the breast and reserve to make chicken salad with.
7) Pick all the rest of the meat off the chicken bones and put into the soup pot. Let the chicken meat simmer in the pot for ten minutes.
8) Add the noodles and let simmer for 2 minutes. The soup is now ready to serve.
NOTE: If you’d like you can substitute rice for the noodles to make Chicken and Rice Soup. To do so, cook one cup of rice in 2 ½ cups water for 15 minutes and drain. At the point where you take the chicken out of the pot, you will put the rice into the pot of soup and let simmer 5 minutes.
GOT ANY KAHLUA ?
aka The BIG LEBOWSKI COOKBOOK
"ABIDE in IT"
THIS REALLY WORKS !!