The ROLLING STONES
KEEF’S FAVORITE SHEPHERD’S PIE
Yes Keef, as in Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, the World’s Greatest Rock-N-Roll Band ever! But you know that. This is the way Keith likes his Shepherds Pie, as does The Dude, and you will too. If it’s good enough for Keef, it’s good enough for the Dude, and you too. Abide!
3 pounds Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon Butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 large Onions, chopped
2 pounds Ground Beef
2 large Carrots, grated
2 – 12 oz. cans Beef Broth
5 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
1. Put potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring the water to the boil. Lower to a simmer and cook the potatoes until tender, about 8 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes once cooked.
3. Put cooked, drained potatoes in a large mixing bowl with the butter and season with salt and black pepper. Mash potatoes with a potato - masher or whip with an electric mixer. If using a
hand potato-masher, mash potatoes with masher, then mix with a wooden spoon until nicely whipped.
4. Heat a large frying-pan. Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add ground-beef, cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add onions, continue cooking for minutes on high heat. Lower heat to low flame and cook 4 minutes more.
5. Add carrots and beef broth to pan. Mix cornstarch with water and add to pan. Cook over low flame for 8 minutes.
6. Add peas to pan, cook for 1 minute.
7. Pour Beef Mixture into a glass or ceramic baking dish. Evenly top beef with the mashed potatoes.
8. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes, then place under the boiler until potatoes get nicely browned. Take care not to burn the potatoes once they are under the broiler.
9. Let cool slightly for 3 minutes and serve.
KEITH RICHARDS SHEPHERD'S PIE and OTHER GREAT RECIPES in GOT ANY KAHLUA? The BIG LEBOWSKI COOKBOOK .. ABIDE !!!!
KEITH RICHARDS & JACK DANIELS
The ROLING STONES